Motion Tests Day 13

Happy Independence Day!

The E22 I ordered didn’t arrive as expected while I was on vacation… I guess this is what I get by dealing with a local distributor instead of online order, tracking, delivered.  They are looking into it.

I had some time this morning and spent almost 2 hours playing with the motion platform and test bench program.  At half the weight (1200 pounds) I had it working pretty well and had made several tweaks to the program to account for non-linearity, etc.  So I added the additional 1000 pounds and found it to be too squirrely at low PSI settings… I really was running out of time so I tried to retract the whole platform into it’s storage position and had a lot of trouble keeping it lined up – it actually wedged the back left bellow’s top convolute above the metal frame (probably very bad for the rubber) before I realized and repositioned it.

I am wondering now since it worked well at half the weight if getting larger diameter bellows would help… maybe I will get one or two and see.

Finally, the Air Lift Dominators that I purchased have a minimum height specification of 2.8″ so I built the frame to hold the weight off of them at 3.0″.  However, it still seems as if the weight is resting on the fully retracted bellows (I thought that was a no-no).  So I am contacting the company about that.

IMG_20130704_104441 IMG_20130704_105059

Leave a Reply