Motion Tests Day 11

It has been almost 7 months since I fired up the compressor and performed some PID loop tests.  Everything powered up except this one USB hub (cheap Chinese crap).

wpid-IMG_20130506_115807.jpg

Overall I am very concerned about moving the stuff out of the basement and onto the trailer at this point.  It still seems very squirrely and unstable for where we should be at.

I am sorry that I resold my convoluted bellows because I am thinking that is a better solution at this point even if we are only looking at 10 degrees of roll/pitch and 7″ heave.  The biggest issue I had back when I tested them is that, because of the volume, it took too long to fill.  But now I am using a bigger compressor, larger diameter lines, and control valves that can deliver up to 60 SCFM.

dominator2600_l[1]

I went ahead and acquired an Air Lift Dominator 2600 on eBay for $70 with free shipping so I can run tests again.  I am not sure if I will be able to make it work with the proportional flow controller or if I need something like this proportional pressure controller.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Worst case scenario would be to build a frame overhead and apply downward force against a spring assembly which is what I did with the Audrey.

Leave a Reply